Many people wonder in amazement how the pyramids were built, and other unexplained architectures such as Stone Henge. My answer is simple – There were ancient peoples who were smarter than us. As horrible as that might seem to us, often thinking we are unique, it is what I believe to be true.
In my view climate change is real and has probably happened every 65 million years or so since the planet first formed. It wiped out the dinosaurs – except the ones who could swim or survive the torrential weather conditions.
On that basis I think that any of the ancient wonders that we, indeed, wonder about their creation were not created by primitive people from our evolutionary cycle, but by earlier ones smarter than us. What if they were trolls, like the Mayans’ could have been, leaving weather proof architecture?
On that basis I think there are two possible truths for Stone Henge:
- The were moved by the extreme weather during a previous climate change episode from Pembrokeshire to Salisbury Plane, where they were then erected by other peoples.
- People with technology as advanced as ours moved them from Pembrokeshire to where they are now and erected them something close to what we have now.
In both cases the reason the stones look as ragged as the do was because of the rough weather conditions from climate change. The next time I come across something from ancient times where humans wonder how it could have happened, my first premise will be that ancient people, likely to be smarter than us, did in it ways more likely to be advanced than early humans would have been capable of doing.
So when climate change wipes us out, maybe some of the following will happen (tongue in cheek):
- The Statue of Liberty could float to France
- The Millennium Dome and Eiffel Tower could finally be destroyed as planned
- People will be wondering what people were worshipping in the US Pentagon
- People will wonder if the Angel of the North was who we thought ‘God’ was
I’m certain climate change will wipe us out and in millions of years time there will be people who have evolved like us writing and speaking us in the same way we do ancient species.